Anonymous

At 24-25 years old, do you think you would have fit in on a college campus?

Or do you think you would have felt old around 18-22 year olds.

Interesting....

I just went from college to Oxford to learn Biology. 

Definitely. When i started college at 18 and through my early 20s i joined clubs and hung out with people who were n their mid 20s.

Im currently 29 and went back after a 3 year break. If it wasnt for the pandemic i would probably still be around students in their mid 20s...

age is just a number. Although i do feel old among those who are in their late teens and early 20s, i still consider myself young 

• John

There were a few older students on campus when I was a traditional-aged undergraduate.   With 1 exception, they were male veterans.  They were well accepted on campus, and everyone got along well with them.  They often, however, did not participate in the normal college activities.  I think the main reason for that was simply because 18 to 22 year olds are often considerably less mature than those even a few years older.  The one exception to the male veteran category was Mrs. X.

Married right out of high school, Mrs. X had made an agreement with her husband.  She would work and support him, while he went to college and then law school.  After that, he would work while she started college.  Mr. X kept up his end of the bargain, and Mrs. X enrolled in college at the ripe old age of 26.  She was in several of my classes. Making up for some lost college experiences, she was also a cheerleader and on the intercollegiate tennis team.   Her situation was so ground breaking in the early 1970s that the local newspaper did a human interest story on her.    

I was that age when I went to law school, which was on the main university campus. 

While I wouldn't say we "felt old," we really didn't socialize with the undergraduates at all. 

I was "fitting in" on a college campus until I was 37 years old.

• ?

There's people of all ages who earn degrees. However, by the time most people are in their mid to late 20's, they really don't have the time or money to get a traditional university experience, so that's why online learning has become quite common. 

Would I fit in at a college campus? (I'm 25 now.) Sure, I think it would be possible. People say I look young for my age. Sporadically you see older students coming back to upgrade to a higher degree or those who joined the military are going back to use their GI benefits. 

Universities dont care about Age it is a place to learn not play football be pompom girls or socialise My Friend was 70 when she got her Masters in Child Psychology

If you're there to learn then the age of your fellow learners is completely irrelevant.

I did go back to college in my late 20's.   I wasn't worried about it.   People go to college at all ages.

Yes.....................