I need a laptop to work from home, mainly excel and word. I found a Lenova IdeaPad is that suitable?

There may other requirements needed for the laptop to be able to be part of their network and allow you to work from him

Excel is actually a low demand program.  It works on just about anything.  The IdeaPad should run it just fine.  However if you are going to use this from home for work purposes, you may want to check with the IT people at your work.  There may other requirements needed for the laptop to be able to be part of their network and allow you to work from him.  They would better to ask then random people on the Internet.

no problem it's ok. this  is better laptop

Yes, I'm selling one for $80. It will do everything you need. Seriously, though, it would be just fine for that, but I wouldn't ask much else from it.

Yes, Lenova IdeaPad is perfect. You can take it.

Yes but be sure not to get a cloud book, but I recommend getting one that has at least a 256gb hard disk drive and at least 8gb of ram. 

nonobtyes yesyesyesyesyesyes

Lenovo makes good stuff.  Usually, the only drawback of Lenovos is the displays are lackluster.  They tend to be dimmer and less colorful than other laptops. Still perfectly usable, and for your purposes, absolutely.

If you were going to be using it to watch lots of videos, or do work with videos or editing graphics or photos, I'd steer you to a system with better displays.

Even the most basic one should do you for that.  It may not be the prettiest or the fastest but it'll do those tasks fine.  Just bear in mind that in due course you might become frustrated if you want to do more, play super games etc. that it can't deal with.  That may not matter to you.

• garry

anything with an intel i5 or faster will do you , with 256 gig or bigger ssd and 8 meg of memory and usb 3 will do , but do get one with a long life battery . remember you have to have extra for office and a good dvd burner and software for it . Usually the cost of the computer plus an extra $500 .