Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I need a laptop to work from home, mainly excel and word. I found a Lenova IdeaPad is that suitable?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There may other requirements needed for the laptop to be able to be part of their network and allow you to work from him

• 1 month ago

Excel is actually a low demand program.  It works on just about anything.  The IdeaPad should run it just fine.  However if you are going to use this from home for work purposes, you may want to check with the IT people at your work.  There may other requirements needed for the laptop to be able to be part of their network and allow you to work from him.  They would better to ask then random people on the Internet.

• 1 month ago

no problem it's ok. this  is better laptop

• 1 month ago

Yes, I'm selling one for $80. It will do everything you need. Seriously, though, it would be just fine for that, but I wouldn't ask much else from it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, Lenova IdeaPad is perfect. You can take it.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Yes but be sure not to get a cloud book, but I recommend getting one that has at least a 256gb hard disk drive and at least 8gb of ram. 

• 1 month ago

nonobtyes yesyesyesyesyesyes

• 1 month ago

Lenovo makes good stuff.  Usually, the only drawback of Lenovos is the displays are lackluster.  They tend to be dimmer and less colorful than other laptops. Still perfectly usable, and for your purposes, absolutely.

If you were going to be using it to watch lots of videos, or do work with videos or editing graphics or photos, I'd steer you to a system with better displays.

• 1 month ago

Even the most basic one should do you for that.  It may not be the prettiest or the fastest but it'll do those tasks fine.  Just bear in mind that in due course you might become frustrated if you want to do more, play super games etc. that it can't deal with.  That may not matter to you.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

anything with an intel i5 or faster will do you , with 256 gig or bigger ssd and 8 meg of memory and usb 3 will do , but do get one with a long life battery . remember you have to have extra for office and a good dvd burner and software for it . Usually the cost of the computer plus an extra $500 .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.