Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

What is the usual age of a college graduate?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

In the US students  getting their bachelor's degrees averaged 24.8 years old. Master's degree recipients were, on average, 28.7 years old. Those obtaining doctorate degrees are around 30.8 years old.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

As a general rule, most students graduate from high school when they are 18 years of age. If they proceed directly into college, and complete the curriculum requirements in the normal four year allotment of time, they will graduate from college, at the age of 22.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

when they are old enough to afford college !!!

• 1 month ago

The usual age of college graduate is 22

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Early twenties, but that's not written in stone.

• 1 month ago

It could be anything from 20-21, to late 20's, depending on what that person took in college.

• 1 month ago

The average age of undergraduates at my university is 26-27. Many people work for a few years and then return to school. 

• 1 month ago

probably around 21 yrs old

• 1 month ago

22 or 23 and up. Some are younger because they start college at 15/16 take only 3 years to on an accelerated bachelors program or accelerated dual bachelors master's degree program and then earn another masters and a Ph.D. in a total of 8 or 9 years.

I was 22 when I graduated from college the first time (B.A)., 27 (B.S.), 41 (B.S.) and 47(M.S.)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.