Motorbike. Scooter. Moped. Exhaust. Hot ?

I have Yamah nmax 125cc moped/scooter. Within about 3-4 minutes of me getting on it and riding it, the the exhaust gets really hot and when I stop the bike, you can hear the exhaust tinging from the heat, it does this within minutes of riding it. Is this normal? I am 15 and half stone and I do throttle it everywhere 

• ?

Some just do that. Oughta hear my Harley play her "tune" after a long ride. Make sure oil not  low, or pipe isn't   blue . Check at night, shouldn't glow red (but, motor will  knock and run on before that happens).

@Anon; my exhaust is 13 years old; 41,000 miles;  still "tinkles'". It isn't a matter of new one "breaking in". It's individual exhaust design,  mounting, engine/ambient temps, cooling air flow, etc..

• garry

yes and , its suppose to get hot and dont lean on it . 

Yeah that does that on a new exhaust system as metal is making noises.  It will settle down over time.

Unless it is glowing red it is perfectly normal.

• adam

totally normal. 

Check the oil level or better yet change the oil.  You might need to take it easy on the throttle.

Perfectly normal.