Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

Why does everyone who posts a honest question or answer in the global warming category have to correct bogus accusations by paranoid jokers?

Here’s a recent example:

“anonymous: Now why would you think that? I have been on here since it opened on Day1 , and am 75 years old . You need to give this a rest . :)”

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The deniers have made this forum their own. As the other real answer says, this used to be a great site. Now, if you are not a denier, you are falsely accused of being a former user named Dirac. It is childish and ridiculous.

• Archer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't understand why you give them any significance.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

global warming has been happening for 160 years , it started when we mass produces things and have lifted a finger , except hear them moan  and do nothing . see if your scientists no that ,,.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think it is quite funny, the climate joker has over a hundred accounts and buys more when they get deleted in a futile effort to dominate this section as if it has any bearing on real life.

And I am the guy who wrote a  very crude and simple, but somewhat successful bot, to move genuine questions back to global warming and his nonsense to abuse and spam in retaliation.  The reason I say it was successful is that he is still complaining about it.

As for people who believe in climate change dominating this section, about 3 in 4 people world wide believe that climate change is a major threat.   Recent research by Morgan Stanley, argues that selling ICE vehicles will become a money-losing proposition as early as 2030.

They are fighting (another) losing battle and getting increasingly desperate Right now they are artificially inflating their numbers with sock accounts in a futile attempt to pretend they are sane and that their opinions are relevant.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Not too long ago when Level 7s could move questions, alarmists owned this site and any questions anti alarmist were moved, thus censored. Comments were a good way to express thoughts but the "sensitive" would report them and have the question removed.

With regard to the bogus accusations, they are commonly used diversion tactics called “fire starters”.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm mostly an impartial observer, but I have a question for you.  The claim is you are compensated for your time here.  Is that true?  It don't know, but it surely seems like that's the case. 

If so, what's not fair?  American politics is a nasty game, no?  We should know, I guess it's nasty everywhere.  

So are you not playing a political game?  If you are, then you have no claim to anything.  Perhaps you're a little pouty. If you're not, then what's the difference?  Perhaps you need a hobby or a friend.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It won't be long before Dirac brings in his David sock account to answer. As if it's his heavyweight account with the last word.

David's avatar is attached. Look for it.  And best answer.  Guaranteed.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

maybe they didnt like the question

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It wouldn't be a problem if you didn't block everyone.  It wouldn't be a problem if you didn't sock report content until it disappears.  It wouldn't be a problem if you didn't troll so much.  Give it a rest yourself, pal.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's not paranoid when it's true.  Everyone knows it's you, Dirac.  You might wanna get a life.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.