Did you ever cut a student a break in elementary school?

Hi,

Before covid and the shutdown that followed, I was teaching 3d grade. A young boy was misbehaving and I sent him to timeout. He proceeded to turned around and swear at me. As I was taking him to the office he was crying and said he didn't want his dad called because he will get hit with a belt. So I made a deal with him. I told him he had to apologize to me, promise me he will never do this again and this time I will cut him a break. I also made it crystal clear to him that if I ever heard him talk like that again, not only would I call his father but I will also tell him about this incident and actually tell him to spank you with the belt nice and hard.

So I cut him a break that one time.

Have any other teacher cut a student a break?

Most teachers are feminists and view little boys as being part of the opressive patriarchy, so no.