Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

What is coffee ground stool look like ?

I noticed black specs in my stool but I had an everything bagel. 

Are those specs considered coffee ground  stool ? Or does the whole thing have to be coffee ground my stool in general was normal just the specs which look like seeds but can also carry coffee ground texture 

NO, "coffee grounds stool" really looks as if you pooped a lot of coffee grounds, not just a few black seeds. It is in fact black diarrhea.  In a severe case, there may be vomit that looks like coffee grounds too.  This is a sign of internal bleeding.

I know from experience!  In my case it wasn't life threatening, just IBS.  But it can be a symptom of cancer. 

It may be useful to observe your poop, but yours does not sound remarkable.  

It’s NOT coffee ground stool, it’s coffee ground emesis, vomit. Digested blood in the upper GI Tract comes out as black, tarry, smelly stools.  Bleeding blood that is digested in the stomach looks just like coffee grounds when vomited.  These are serious and most people don’t feel very good.

Source(s): ER PA

It looks just like *coffee grounds* (gee, go figure.) The entire stool is BLACK and crumbly... and trust me, you notice the difference.