Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

So if you were contact traced that you were exposed to COVID from a restaurant, does that mean you should be tested immediately?

I’m 20 and perfectly healthy. I really don’t want to let that thing up my nose

• Jim2

I was exposed to Covid and told to stay out of public for ten days. My dentist got it. Fortunately, I didn't. My dentist is OK now. But it can't be emphasized enough that this can be a deadly disease, and that more than half a million Americans have died from it, not to mention other countries.

The recommendations are that you should isolate for 10 days. There's a window period for testing and often repeat testing is needed even with those with symptoms before anything definitive can be determined. If you don't want to test then isolate and wait it out.

Whoever the contact tracer was should have told you how to proceed. That is the whole point in doing contact tracing. 

The issue is whether you're passing COVID to people who are not perfectly healthy. Yes, you should get tested. There are other test now that do not involve shoving the q tip up your nose. See if they're doing that in your area.