Why do I keep having dreams where I have a baby?

I am a 22 year old female who’s in college and living with mom. 

I constantly have dreams about me bringing a baby home and taking care of it. Last night I had a dream where I birthed a baby and it was the most beautiful baby I ever seen! It had fair skin, brown eyes and long curly black hair! I thought it was a boy because they put blue blankets and hats on it, but then I changed the diaper and it was a girl. I was do disappointed I always wanted a son

I'm thinking that at your young age, and in college, you are dreaming of how productive and life-giving you can be, and/or that you want a child someday.  

But it sounds like you doubt whether it will be as satisfying as you might hope.