Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

In nationwide surveys, only 7 in 10 Americans believe climate change is happening.  Why don’t more people accept the reality?

Attachment image

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Because they listen to nonsensical conspiracy theories instead of the truth. 

For some reason people on the internet think they know more than NASA and all the world's climate scientists. 

Climate change is real. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They do believe it is real.  What they do not believe is that (1) humans caused it and (2) that humans can stop it  There is no science supporting either of those assertions.  But the by far the biggest reason is the hypocrisy and motives of the true believers.  For them, America is the great evil.  For them, it is far more important to hate those who do not agree than to try and educate.  For them, China, Indonesia and India, who are 98% of the problem, are 0% of the solution.

• Herve
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They don't like being lectured to and insulted, and many green policies are contradictory..

I'm not saying it isn't happening, but the government, media and loons like Greta don't really help the cause.

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

yes and 10 out of 10 do nothing to change it , they just complain .. Seems you like surveys and do nothing about them ..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • BB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The number of climate alarmists will increase as the Alarmist Industry's brainwashing efforts leveled at young children takes hold.

• 1 month ago

The other 3 are Trump's followers.  

• 1 month ago

Poor education probably has a lot to do with it. 

• 1 month ago

Stupidity.

Poor education.

Insufficient media coverage.

• 1 month ago

I would be willing to bet that 9 out of 10 people believe the climate is changing. I believe in natural climate change. I also believe that the climate has and will continue to change as long as Planet Earth exist. Science (Geology in particular) tells us that Earth has experienced 2 ice ages, as well as 2 major warming events. Science also tells us that that there were no fossil fuels, and no automobiles on the planet during these changes in climate.

Yes, I believe climate change is real. However, I also believe that "man-made" climate is a hoaz, a lie, and a load of crap. There is more than enough scientific evidence to support my belief and my thinking. 

Only human arrogance (particularily extreme leftist liberal arrogance) would allow humans to think that we are more powerful than nature, or God.

• 1 month ago

Half the population is below median reasoning ability, median reading comprehension, median understanding of how science works. Since those researching climate change and finding it a valid concern have demonstrated being above the median by their accomplishments most of the remaining 30% are probably from that portion below those medians.

• Steve
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

3 in 10 don't believe science. But, those 3 believe in a sky ferry and a woman got preggers by that sky ferry. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.