Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

why does the polls and survey section have predominantly personal questions ? i thought personal questions were against Y!A rules?

like "when did your mom last talk to you?"...i mean wtf?  why someone would ask that question on y!a from random strangers?

• .

Because most users can't be bothered to report chat-like violations, especially in that subcategory. Almost all the 'questions' in P&S are violations, which makes it a subcategory frequented by people who want to play and/or to gain points easily and quickly (a lot of questions that only require simple answers). 

• You know, for some people "when did your mom last talk to you?" is probably a very good question. You see, moms are very important, they gave birth to you, they fed and dressed you. So the least you can do is talk to her now and again. It doesn't matter which category that question is in. Everyone has, or had a mother at some point in their lives.

• Daniel

Its Chat Questions the Polls and Survey Category in my Opinion should be Removed since Yahoo has a Rule Against Chatting its kind of Hard to use that Section without getting in the way of the Chat Rule 

Polls & Surveys has been a dumping ground for questions that violate the YA CG and TOS. contract for for over?10 YEARS. The?amount of violating questions is overwhelming. No single YA user can beep up with it. If you I want to spend ALL of your time on YA reporting questions in P&S, great. Same for R&S and Global warming. ALL of them have become dumping and ego feeding grounds for trolls, followed by Politics. . 

Personally, I prefer to spend most of my time on YA answering questions, not reporting them. 

Those types of questions are considered chat questions and usually get deleted at some stage. Many users aren't familiar with the rules, nor do they care to learn them. 

Iunno. I guess people are just naturally boring individuals.

I usually skip closed ended boring "favourite" questions unless I can give a smart ace answer