Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Will Apple send me a new MacBook or refurbished from my repair?

Hi! I’ve got a 2 month old M1 MacBook and I’ve noticed that the trackpad is no where near as solid or accurately placed as my 2015 MacBook Pro. The left side is slightly more sinked into the body than the right, and I’ve noticed the entire trackpad is compressible, which is a surprise as they usually have a Taptic feedback. Also, I’ve noticed that when the screen is closed, there is a very slight air gap from the body to the screen on both sides of the top two corners, leading me to believe the hinge has been placed slightly too high. What great luck eh?

My question is, I’ve set up an Apple repair, hopefully they can repair it and send it back. HOWEVER. If they can’t, what are the chances that they will send me a refurbished MacBook Pro rather than a new one? I hope you understand that I’d rather not receive a 9 month old one where mine was only 2 months old. Please advise :( 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    1 month ago

check your warranty papers. that will tell you your rights.

or you could call support and ask them directly.

• 1 month ago

my MacBook is the same way, some of the keys seemed pressed in and hard to actually do, I would suggest if they fail repair it they would send you a refurbished unit, and I never seen apple unsuccessful at repairing something. 

• 1 month ago

i have never seen apple send a replacement before. i have only see them attempt repair and if it fails say "sorry but you caused this damage and it is not covered by warranty, you need to buy a replacement" 

• 1 month ago

contact Apple support about this.  hope you have registered your MacBook and saved the receipt

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.