Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 days ago

Trump caught scamming his own supporters... what's new?

Online donors were guided into weekly recurring contributions. Demands for refunds spiked. Complaints to banks and credit card companies soared. But the money helped keep Donald Trump’s struggling campaign afloat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/us/politics/tru...

• ?
    5 days ago

Crazy, isn't it? Trump once boasted that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any supporters -- and now it seems he can literally steal from those supporters and not lose any of them, either.

It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

• ?
    5 days ago

The Dems scam their voters all the time.

• 6 days ago

I don't believe a word coming from the NY Times.

• Jeff S
    6 days ago

Fools and their money are soon parted and Trump knows how big of fools his fans are!

FYI- They're also sending their money to televangelists that need private jets to spread the word of Christ!

• ?
    6 days ago

I donated 5 times.

I READ the recurring weekly contributions and said NO!

More lies from the Leftist scum!

6 days ago

Trump is a lifelong con-man. Scamming people is what he does best.

• 6 days ago

Yeah, pathetic help me from myself story....lol  Trump had nothing to do with people agreeing to a continuing donation regimen.  Isn't that the same gig PBS does with it's donations?  LOL

• hamel5
    6 days ago

That's what Team Trump does.   The family motto is, "There's a sucker born every minute" 

6 days ago

I’m a Bernie Bro. I donated to Bernie. But he also had the same deceptive donation scheme on his website. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was the same web designer. Not sure why Trump is being singled out.

6 days ago

What's sad is that those same people will vote for him again just to "Own the Libs".